Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Still Winter here







As much as I'd like this post to be an awesome styling of my newly thrifted yellow jeans or my cool printed mini, it's not. 


Sunny Easter Sunday afternoon
The reality is...it may be spring according to the calender but, spring has not really arrived in upstate New York. A few weeks ago we were teased with near 80 degree weather and the sun was shining in full force this weekend. 


However, this morning I woke up to this:


and this...


  
Hopefully it explains why my outfit post looks more December than April:


 But, let's face it as I walked across campus: I was warm, I was not alone (a sea of black leggings, North Face and Brown Frye) and I got to restyle my boots with this buttery soft leather skirt I thrifted:


A nod to spring was accomplished by a turn of the cuff and a pretty pop of coral:




So, if I can't wear pastel, I'll just enjoy all of your pretty posts and know that my day will be here soon.


Wool Blazer:J.Crew (2007)
Shirt:J.Crew-thrifted
Leather skirt-thrifted
Boots: Steve Madden (2009)


I'm linked up at http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/ for what I wore Wednesday, check it out!




4 comments:

  1. Snow? No way! Love the skirt! Thanks so much for linking up to Monday Mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, hope it warms up soon for you!! Still a cute outfit! =)

    Check out my $50 Shabby Apple Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were teased here too! Love the collar on your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, it looks so cold! But at least you got to wear those cute little bots :)

    ReplyDelete