Monday, May 21, 2012

Cinderella skirt

I am loving the maxi skirt.  A trend I didn't initially embrace, but, now, with this skirt, love. 



 I think a maxi skirt is tricky because of the length. Too long and I look like an aging flower child; too short and I look matronly.


With this one I think I come off looking stylishly cool without trying too hard. Not a lot of volume to the skirt and just the right length. And, I have to admit, I felt even better in it when I dropped my daughter off at daycare and the one little girl fell in love. "Oh, you're so pretty, you look like Cinderella"



I added a little pop of sparkle with a sequin trimmed Tee,






And a bit of tough with a pink leather, studded belt.

I kept it casual, no glass slippers, just a simple sandal.


Skirt-thrifted (No label, it looks like it was probably handmade)
Shirt-thrifted-(J.Crew Heirloom T)
Belt-thrifted-(Aeropostale)
Sandals-Payless (here)

I'm linked up at Monday Mingle, and Not dead Yet Style check it out!

















10 comments:

  1. I agree that maxis can be tricky - and you styled this one beautifully. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love maxis because I always feel like I am wearing pajamas. Love the color of your maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirts is the perfect length! I've sworn off maxis in part because I can never get the length right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you on www.Bonbonrosegirls.com and thought I would stop by your blog and say hello! I did not KNOW there was any kind of blog that incorporated "thrifting" like you do ... love it!!!!!!! (my blog is almost all thrifting so its nice to see someone else doing it also!)

    pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt looks great on you and the tee adds a nice touch of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The maxi skirt looks great on you! The color is beautiful-love the skinny belt with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, no glass slipper. Maybe you can just wear your glass slippers when you go out at night! Cute look!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful in your maxi skirt! I think they can be quite cooling for the upcoming warm summer days!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not yet taken the plunge into maxi skirt-dom. You make it look so wonderful that I'm now tempted to try. Love the pop of sequins!

    ReplyDelete