Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sweet Birds


This is the first time I've worn this recently thrifted dress. I was drawn immediately to the colors and the vintage inspired print. Though it's not a vintage print or dress it has a certain charm that evokes a different time. The midi-length and a bit of scalloped lace adds to this allure





I wasn't crazy about the dress's straight neckline and spaghetti straps (does any use that term anymore?) so I put this denim shirt over it and pulled it together with a brown braided belt.

I liked the way it all came together.


It gave me an opportunity to wear my thrifted jade bracelet and beaded cuff with another thrifted link bracelet.

Hanging out on the dock with a cute pair of wedges and my coral toes made it feel like summer is almost here!

Dress: Thrifted (IPSA)
Shirt: Thrifted (Old Navy)
Belt: Thrifted (Limited)
Bracelets: Thrifted (unknown)
Shoes: A.Giannetti via TJ Maxx--old



8 comments:

  1. I love this outfit and combination of pieces. It looks so nicely put together but still has a nice relaxed feel as well. Especially love the colours in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following my blog, I will follow you back. I really appreciate your motivation for dressing with intention, it makes a lot of sense and certainly gives me something to think about.

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of your tripod skills... lovely pictures! I love the little details :)
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, I just need to venture out of my yard with the tripod! That would be some real skills!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful print! Wow, and a thrifted jade bracelet...you have great thrifting luck! :) Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my luck is due to the fact that I thrift at smaller rural village stores or suburban areas, just because that's what is available to me. I think in larger cities "the handlers" are savvy and know what to look for. This does mean that there is a lack of higher end merchandise that you might find in a more metropolitan area. I did however, thrift a pair of Dries Van Noten capris two weeks ago for $2! I'm still working out how they fit into my style aesthetic, but I just couldn't not try them out.
    The jade bracelet is so delicate, I'm afraid to wear it everyday. It's probably from the 70's and is just costume so it's not great quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You KNOW I'm loving that bird print dress :) AND it's thrifted?! TOo much!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As strange as this might sound...I actually thought of you when I bought that skirt..."Oh this would be an amazing $3 dress for Megan!" Whenever you are up for a thrifting trip...in Central NYS.

      Delete