Thursday, July 19, 2012

Toiles de Jouy

Toile fabric has always managed to capture my fascination and as kid I saw these scenes and often wondered where these people were from. Now I know that these pastoral images are typically of the French country side and are often depicting their everyday life. So, for me, this is my every summer shirt in toile.

Funny bending down pose for my daughter's camera skills.
I've worn this toile printed summer top for the last ten years. And here I've paired it with a light chambray skirt and broke my self imposed "chambray on the blog" ban, It's a skirt, not a shirt so I guess I'm okay. 



I usually break it out when it gets very hot because it is a thin wispy cotton and has minimal coverage.


As all of you are experiencing the summer heat wave you'll understand why these and the previous posts have been makeup less photo shoots. When the temperatures reach 100 degrees F, make up just melts off my face, so I don't bother.

Simple and cool.

Shirt: J.Crew-old
Skirt: Target-old
Sandals: TJ Maxx-old
Necklace: Target (2009)


Since I used the correct French description for toile in this post, I thought that this was probably appropriate for my Friday's Fancies at {longdistanceloving}.


2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to get dressed when it's super hot out! You managed to still look adorable :) Love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete