Monday, December 17, 2012

Hand knit vest


I found this hand knit vest and knew I had to make it part of my winter wear.


There is just something so special when you pick up a piece in a thrift store (for four dollars, no less) and know it was made by hand. For some reason I often have the notion that I need to rescue these pieces from some untimely demise or neglect.



This sweater vest is just beautifully made and an item I will wear and love as I appreciate the hours that someone put into crafting it!


For me it is a perfect piece of extra warmth without adding the extra bulk of a full sweater.

Vest: thrifted (no label and a hand stitched zipper)
Cords: J.Crew

stillbeingmolly

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of work for $4... how sad that it ended up at a thrift store. Glad you saved it and are giving it a new life :) It looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yeah, I'm wearin' my grandma's sweater and I look...awesome!

      Delete
  2. WOW! AND WOW! what a snatch! i would be clambering all other the place if i had discovered that vest. you have been so fortunate.

    ReplyDelete