Friday, December 7, 2012

The good, the plaid, the ugly

I'm sure many of you have seen a current trend and thought, "I could thrift that"! I have that thought often, even though it doesn't always turn out as I plan. The recent trend was plaid...everyone has plaid shirts, everyone gets rid of plaid shirts...so onto my list of items to thrift, plaid.



Let me tell you, it wasn't that easy because fit and quality are always key priorities with me. I tried on a lot of plaid shirts. Boxy ones, tight ones, flannel ones, tiny pocketed ones (seriously have you ever seen those American Eagle shirts with the one teeny, tiny pocket on the chest? Is it me or is that just ridiculous!) 


I had given up until I happened to walk through the boys section and there I spotted it, in all the colors I had envisioned. A size 12/14, I held it up and thought well maybe it'll fit and off to the dressing room I went. It fit, not too boxy, too short or too cute. Pretty much just right!


 So, the moral to this story is "leave no stone unturned", you may just find what you were looking for in that unexpected place.


Cords: J.Crew
Shirt: Nautica-thrifted
Necklace:local boutique

Linked up with Tara at Penniless Socialite for look what I got....

Look what I Got
And Get your pretty on!

button

5 comments:

  1. Love the plaid and the score! Like you I shop my plaid tops thrifted. I recently found an Agnes B plaid, gorgeous soft cotten, made in Japan fanciness for only 3.95.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love plaid with statement necklaces! You styled this perfectly. Thanks so much for linking up this week!

    Alison
    www.getyourprettyon.com
    Build your wardrobe on $20 a week with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love the plaid shirt with those pants, so cute! Thank you for linking-up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smart of you to shop the boys section! Thanks for linking up. I'm following now :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find! Thanks for linking up. We'll be hosting again this Thursday!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete