Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunday Best

I've featured this silk blouse before but, I want to highlight this 100% Merino wool skirt I thrifted:


I wore this to church a few weeks ago and haven't posted the pictures.


As is commonly the case with thrifting, I go home and educate myself on brands I don't recognize but, can tell they are of very good quality. This Wolford skirt can still be purchased for $250, and it is really beautiful (I paid $2). Enough said, go thrift!


Shirt: Madewell-thrifted
Skirt: Wolford-thrifted
Boots: J.Crew-very old (1999)
Sunglasses: Nicole Miller-thrifted
Watch: Michael Kors

Update: My first chemotherapy treatment was on Friday and I am doing pretty well, tired with a bit of nausea. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I'm told the next few days will be more difficult...until then keeping my spirits up with prayer and rest.

4 comments:

  1. i love researching brands of things i find in the thrift store, too. sometimes it's a surprise, sometimes it's funny--i realized i just bought a little boys blazer the other day that i thought was a cropped 3/4 women's blazer. ;)

    sending thoughts for continued strength & healing your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go thrifting with you!!!! I really haven't figured out the thrifting thing yet. The consignment stores I visit I think are over priced with there merchandise at about 50% of new prices. I visited goodwill but so far no luck. Someone please enlighten me how you find good thrift shops.
    LOVE your blouse and skirt. You always look fabulous! You are so pretty.
    I've been thinking aboutyouandkeeping you in my prayers.
    Wish I could take some of your chemo treatments for you but you get the benefit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go thrifting with a friend and we use her smart phone to look up brands while we are shopping....It's pretty fun! I really need to do better focusing on basics like a black skirt while thrifting... Thanks for that wake up call.

    Continued thoughts and prayers as you go through thi next phase to health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! what a fantastic find! I may have to run not walk to my goodwill tomorrow! on another note, I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I cannot even begin to imagine what this must be like for you. Just know that someone out there is praying for you!

    ReplyDelete